Constructed for the first president of Davidson College, the President's House is the home of the President and also serves as meeting and reception space.
The initial house was a simple two-story structure but renovations beginning in 1860 gave the house its present size. It was renovated again in the 1880s, 1941, 1956 and 1998. The main goal throughout the reconstruction of the President's House was to uphold the past and to keep the same original 1830's style. The appearance and style of decades ago needed to endure throughout future generations. The development of the President's House reflects the growth of the school while still preserving the past. The progression of the house throughout the ages only reflects the image and tradition of Davidson today.
The President's House is located at 408 North Main Street, near the Carnegie Guest House. Parking is available in the Cunningham Fine Arts Building lot.