p: 704-894-2307

Mailing Address

Box 7120
Davidson, NC 28035

Shipping Address

209 Ridge Road
Davidson, NC 28035


Study Abroad

Chemistry majors can participate in several semester-long study abroad programs. Most chemistry majors attend a program that offers physical chemistry (thermodynamics), the equivalent of CHE 351.

Fitting in a study abroad experience can seem daunting for a chemistry major, but with careful planning many majors have been able to make it happen. They have studied at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland; Humboldt University in Berlin, Germany; and the University of Sydney in Australia. For information on these and other study abroad options, contact the staff of the Dean Rusk International Studies Program and be sure to work closely with your chemistry adviser  in every step of your planning. 

Meshing Study Abroad & a Chemistry Major

  • Spring Semester Sophomore Year
    Students who arrive at Davidson with CHE 115 credit through AP/IB tests can get ahead in their chemistry coursework. This leaves a natural "hole" in the spring of sophomore year to go abroad.
  • Fall Semester Junior Year
    This is the most popular study abroad semester. Students in these programs return to Davidson in the spring and take CHE 352 and 361. Then in senior year they take CHE 401 and 371 in the fall, and CHE 391 and an elective in the spring.
  • Summer Study Abroad Experience
    The Study Abroad Office offers many programs that take place over the summer, so your study abroad experience is not disruptive to the completion of coursework.