An affinity reunion is a gathering of alumni based on their involvement in, or allegiance to, a particular group, experience or common connection. These reunions are often successful in bringing together alumni with unique bonds that often transcend class ties. The Office of Alumni and Family Engagement coordinates approximately three affinity group reunions per year.
Our 2018 affinity reunions are a Black Alumni Reunion in February, a Watson Fellows Reunion in March, and a Union Board Reunion in April.
If you are an alumnus/a wishing to propose an affinity reunion, please reach out to Judith Rowles, assistant director of Alumni and Family Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with details and to request a copy of the Affinity Reunions Handbook.
Past affinity reunions include:
- Male Chorus Reunion
- 100 Years of the Davidsonian Newspaper
- Phi Kappa Phi Fraternity Reunion
- Beaufort Marine Biology Reunion
- 50+ Years of Integration at Davidson
- 40+ Years of Co-Education at Davidson
- Davidson Ultimate Frisbee Reunion
- Theatre Alumni Reunion
- War Years Reunion (WWII, Korean)
Please note the criteria for approved affinity reunions:
- The affinity group reunion supports the mission of the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement: to create, cultivate, and sustain lifelong relationships among the Davidson College family.
- The affinity group has reached a significant milestone including, but not necessarily limited to, the 10th, 25th, 50th, and 100th anniversary.
- The affinity group has no less than 20 total member invitees.
- The affinity group is responsible for nominating a chair or co-chairs who will select a committee, recruit alumni to attend the reunion, and act as the liaison to the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement and the Special Events Office.
- Affinity group reunions may be planned anytime during the year in which there may be an event of relevance to the group. Unless approved by the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement, no affinity group reunions may be planned around Homecoming or the June class reunions.
- The group will approach the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement a minimum of 12, and preferably 18, months prior to the potential reunion date.