Join fellow alumni from the Pi Kappa Phi classes of 1962-69 for an on-campus reunion, Oct. 10-12, 2014.
Hilton Garden Inn in Mooresville
159 Gateway Blvd, Mooresville, NC 28117
The original block of rooms reserved for the weekend is full, but the hotel does still have a few rooms still available at a slightly discounted rate of $159/night. Mention Davidson College Pi Kappa Phi when calling.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 10
- 6:30 p.m. or later as you arrive Jeffrey's Restaurant: Dinner on drop-in basis at Jeffrey's (117 Trade Court in Mooresville, N.C., a 1-minute drive or 5-minute walk from the Hilton Garden Inn). Directions are available at the concierge desk of the hotel.
Saturday, October 11
- 8-9:20 a.m. Hilton Garden Inn: Breakfast (drop-in). Free for those staying at the hotel. Those lodging elsewhere are welcome to join the group if desired (cost is $7.95 plus tax).
- 9:40 a.m. Sprinkle Room, fourth floor of the Alvarez College Union, Knobloch Campus Center: Check in, pick up nametag and information on lunch options.
- 10 a.m. Leaving from Sprinkle Room: "Then and Now" walking tour of campus by Assistant Archivist Caitlin Christian-Lamb. Golf cart tours will operate for those with mobility concerns.
- 11:30 a.m. Area restaurants: Lunch on own/in groups.
- 1:30 p.m. Sprinkle Room: Discussion of Davidson's new academic building and academic collaboration.
- 2:45-4:30 p.m. Hilton Garden Inn Reception Rooms: We will have three reception rooms set up for small groups to congregate and socialize. The themes of the rooms are reminiscences (where we will share memories of our time at Davidson), current events (where we will discuss current events of interest to the group), and football viewing (where we will have a television to watch one or more football games). You are welcome to join any room you would like at any time.
- 5:30-9 p.m. The 900 Room, Alvarez College Union, Knobloch Campus Center: Cocktail reception and dinner (including Q and A with President Carol Quillen). The dress code for the dinner is business casual/ "country club casual."
Sunday, October 12
- 8-9:30 a.m. Hilton Garden Inn: Breakfast (drop-in). Free for those staying at the hotel. Those lodging elsewhere are welcome to join the group if desired (cost is $7.95 plus tax).
Parking, Mobility and Access
For Saturday's on-campus events, you may park in the Baker Sports Complex parking lot off of Concord Road. We will have a few golf cart shuttles that can help transport alumni with mobility concerns on Saturday. The golf cart shuttles will be available at the Baker Parking Lot from 9:15-9:45 a.m. and 5-5:30 p.m., and outside of the Alvarez College Union at the beginning of the Saturday morning tour and following the dinner.
Questions about the weekend, including all activities, can be directed to Jim White '65 (White.email@example.com, 954-260-5631) or Roy Allison '66 (firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-229-6987).
Questions about registration, parking or special accommodations can be directed to Ashley Neff, Associate Director of Alumni Relations, at email@example.com or 704-894-2663.