Details for our 40th Reunion, June 6-8, are coming together and we hope you will plan to come back to campus. The 40th Reunion committee has put together a weekend you don't want to miss. Register today and see who is coming.
Here are some of the Class of 1974 plans:
Thursday, June 5
- We will unofficially kick-off the weekend at the Brickhouse Tavern - 209 Delburg Street. Don't miss this chance to gather with classmates and reconnect before Reunion Weekend begins. We'll meet around the couches in the bar area at 7 p.m.
Friday, June 6
- Starting at 10 a.m. there will be back-to-school classes, campus tours, and much more - check out the full schedule. Get outside with Scoot Dimon's tennis tournament at 10:30 on the Covington Tennis Courts or head to the class Vicki Switzer has helped to create - Wildcat Impact: The Move to Coeducation. This class will be held in the Baxter Davidson Room of Chambers Buidling at 4:30 p.m. You won't want to skip these classes!
- At 6 p.m., we'll attend the the all-alumni Kick-off Party in the Alvarez College Union. Don't miss the live music and delicious food! Our class will have the Morcott Room reserved as space to meet and greet with one another. If you enter the College Union from the patio overlooking the Stephen B. Smith football field, the room will be to your left.
- Following the Kick-off Party in the Alvarez College Union, we will head to the Flatiron Kitchen and Taphouse to continue the celebration.
Saturday, June 7
- Saturday morning we will gather casually to visit over old yearbooks in the Baxter Davidson Room. Drop in starting at 9:30 a.m. for hot coffee and lots of conversation.
- Saturday evening, join us for a dinner just for our class in the Barber Theatre of Cunningham Theatre Center. Our reception will begin at 7 p.m., and our class photo will be taken at 7:30 p.m. John McCartney will be our dinner speaker. He'll update us on the latest priorities and iniatives of the college. Hope to see you there!
Visit the schedule of events page to see the tentative schedule for the weekend. And continue visiting this page for updates as we get closer to the weekend. We look forward to seeing each of you in June!
Relive our college memories and put names with faces by reviewing the Quips and Cranks from our time at Davidson through the Davidson College online library archives.
For our 40th Reunion Class Gift, we celebrate the many ways '74 supports the college. This includes:
- All dollars. Whether you give to The Fund for Davidson or a specific scholarship, professorship, or capital project, all money given to Davidson during the current fiscal year (July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014) will be included.
- All multi-year commitments made this year. Planning ahead allows you to be strategic in your philanthropy and helps the college better predict future revenue. You'll also hear from the college less-you can even choose when to be reminded about making your annual gift!
- Any good faith estimate of a planned gift. See planned giving options appropriate to your age group.
However you choose to participate, our Class Gift offers a unique opportunity to support the area of Davidson most meaningful to you and say "thank you" to alma mater by making a special gift in honor of your time on campus. Your gift also preserves the Davidson experience for current and future students.
Realizing that the majority of donors choose to support the college through The Fund for Davidson, our class is making a special effort for increased goals of $400,000 and 60 percent participation to The Fund this year. Don't forget to support The Fund for Davidson today!
If you have questions about your reunion gift, please email the Annual Giving Office or call 704-894-2680.