Details for our 30th Reunion, June 6-8, are coming together and we hope you will plan to come back to campus. The 30th Reunion committee has put together a weekend you don't want to miss. Register today and see who else is coming.
Here are some of the Class of 1984 plans:
Thursday, June 5
- We will unofficially kick-off the weekend at Fork! - 20517 North Main Street, Cornelius. Don't miss this chance to reconnect with classmates before Reunion Weekend begins and check out one of the best new restaurants around.
Friday, June 6
- Starting at 10 a.m. there will be back-to-school classes, campus tours, and much more - check out the full schedule. Our own Charlie Lovett will be speaking at 1:30 p.m. in Chambers classroom 1003. Don't miss this chance to hear about his new book: The Bookman's Tale.
- At 6 p.m., we'll attend the the all-alumni Kick-off Party in the Alvarez College Union. Don't miss the live music and delicious food! Our class will cluster on the top floor of the Union.
- Following the Kick-off Party, we will head to new on-campus Summit Coffee on Patterson Court to continue the celebration.
Saturday, June 7
- Saturday morning we will revisit an old Wednesday morning tradition: Coffee and Cokes. Meet in front of the Chambers Building at 9:30 a.m. to relive this great tradition.
- Saturday afternoon from 2- 5 p.m. head to Lake Campus and join Mary Frant Donnan and Cathy Rich Denham for a fun and informal gathering. Lots of visiting and catching up - children of any age are welcome!
- Saturday evening join us for a reception and dinner on the President's Lawn. Our reception will begin at 6 p.m. and we'll take our class photo at 6:30 p.m. We have a great slideshow planned during a delicious dinner!
Visit the schedule of events page to see the tentative schedule for the weekend, and continue visiting this page for updates as we get closer to the weekend. Questions about the weekend? Questions about what to do with your children? Check out the general information page for lots of helpful information.
We look forward to seeing each of you in June!
Rachel Brown Hall
June Greer Rhyne
Relive our college memories and put names with faces by reviewing the Quips and Cranks from our time at Davidson through the Davidson College online library archives.
For our 30th Reunion Class Gift, we celebrate the many ways '84 supports the college. This includes:
- All dollars. Whether you give to The Fund for Davidson or a specific scholarship, professorship, or capital project, all money given to Davidson during the current fiscal year (July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014) will be included.
- All multi-year commitments made this year. Planning ahead allows you to be strategic in your philanthropy and helps the college better predict future revenue. You'll also hear from the college less-you can even choose when to be reminded about making your annual gift!
- Any good faith estimate of a planned gift. See planned giving options appropriate to your age group.
However you choose to participate, our Class Gift offers a unique opportunity to support the area of Davidson most meaningful to you and say "thank you" to alma mater by making a special gift in honor of your time on campus. Your gift also preserves the Davidson experience for current and future students.
Realizing that the majority of donors choose to support the college through The Fund for Davidson, our class is making a special effort for increased goals of $150,000 and 60 percent participation to The Fund this year. Don't forget to support The Fund for Davidson today!
If you have questions about your reunion gift, please email the Annual Giving Office or call 704-894-2680.