Details for our 5th Reunion, June 6-8, are coming together and we hope you are planning to come back to campus. The 5th Reunion committee has put together a reunion you won't want to miss. Register today and see who else is coming.
Here are some of the Class of 2009 plans:
Thursday, June 5
- We will unofficially kick-off the weekend at World of Beer in Charlotte - 222 E. Bland Street. Don't miss this chance to gather with classmates and try some new craft beers. We will gather around 7 p.m.
Friday, June 6
- Starting at 10 a.m. there will be back-to-school classes, campus tours, and much more - check out the full schedule. Our own Ambrice Miller will host a back-to-school class and talk about the mural she created in the new Multicultural Center in the Alvarez College Union. Be sure to attend her class at 2:30 p.m. on the Post Office level of the Union.
- At 6 p.m., we'll attend the the all-alumni Kick-off Party in the Alvarez College Union. Don't miss the live music and delicious food! Our class will gather in the amphitheater area.
- Following the Kick-off Party, we will head to the Brickhouse Tavern to continue the celebration.
Saturday, June 7
- No visit to Davidson is complete without a trip to the lake campus. Spend Saturday morning enjoying the sun and the Lake Norman water.
- Saturday evening join us for our class reception and dinner beginnng at 7p.m. at Baker Sports Complex. The evening will include a slideshow and plenty of music to take us back to our student days. Guest speaker and fellow classmate Kate Sternstein will share some updates on members of the class since graduation five years ago.
- After dinner stay for After Midnight - the reunion remix. We'll check out the new on-campus Summit Coffee location and feast on an old favorite: Outpost quesadillas.
Visit the schedule of events page to see the full schedule for the weekend, and continue visiting this page for updates as we get closer to the weekend. We look forward to seeing each of you in June!
Anna Marie Smith
Eva Foegeding Squibb
Ben Van Dyke
Relive our college memories and put names with faces by reviewing the Quips and Cranks from our time at Davidson through the Davidson College online library archives.
For our 5th Reunion Class Gift, we celebrate the many ways '09 supports the college. This includes:
- All dollars. Whether you give to The Fund for Davidson or a specific scholarship, professorship, or capital project, all money given to Davidson during the current fiscal year (July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014) will be included.
- All multi-year commitments made this year. Planning ahead allows you to be strategic in your philanthropy and helps the college better predict future revenue. You'll also hear from the college less-you can even choose when to be reminded about making your annual gift!
- Any good faith estimate of a planned gift. See planned giving options appropriate to your age group.
However you choose to participate, our Class Gift offers a unique opportunity to support the area of Davidson most meaningful to you and say "thank you" to alma mater by making a special gift in honor of your time on campus. Your gift also preserves the Davidson experience for current and future students.
Realizing that the majority of donors choose to support the college through The Fund for Davidson, our class is making a special effort for increased goals of $30,000 and 63 percent participation to The Fund this year. Don't forget to support The Fund for Davidson today!
If you have questions about your reunion gift, please email the Annual Giving Office or call 704-894-2680.