Procurement coordinates campus-wide purchasing for faculty and staff. The cost effective use of college funds is facilitated through carefully negotiated and managed vendor partnerships.
Richard Terry, director of Auxiliary Services, can assist with new, campus-wide procurement opportunities.
Functions of Procurement
- Collaborating with campus users to optimize procurement processes strategically, while deriving greater efficiencies and reducing costs
- Sourcing local and state-wide vendors, in addition to those who are engaged in sustainable practices
- Analyzing, prioritizing, and regularly reviewing campus purchasing needs and contracts
- Arranging and managing contractual agreements between the college and selected vendors
- Developing and maintaining purchasing standards and procedures to ensure campus-wide quality, cost control, and consistency of service
- Serving as liaison between the college and vendors
- Planning and coordinating both on-site and off-site opportunities for employees to become acquainted with our vendor partnerships and the goods and services they provide
Davidson College is a member of the National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP). Please visit the NAEP website to view the Procurement Code of Ethics.
Preferred Vendor List
These vendor partnerships have been selected based on the lowest total cost of goods and services, while providing the best overall value and exemplary customer service.
Please contact Chris Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions.