Preparation is a key component of your success in landing a job, internship, or job shadowing experience. As you begin your search, we will work with you to develop a professional résumé, create a strong profile in Handshake, and practice interviewing with other professionals. We offer the following services and resources.
- Résumé Reviews: Our advisory team is available for walk-in résumé reviews from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. If you are studying abroad or otherwise unable to meet in person, you may email your résumé for review to email@example.com and receive feedback virtually.
- Mock Interviews: You may schedule a mock interview with a member of our advisory team on campus, or find a leader in your industry of interest through the Davidson Career Adviser Network (DCAN) who will conduct a mock interview with you and offer feedback.
- Career Advising: Our career advisers provide in-depth assessments and career path guidance. To make an appointment, call 704-894-2132, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the center.
Using Handshake to Find Opportunities
As a student, you have an active Handshake account that you can access via personal login. Once logged in you can:
- Update your profile.
- Select areas of interest in order to receive notifications and updates of relevant events and opportunities.
- View and apply for positions.
Though it is not required, we strongly encourage you to have your résumé reviewed by our advisory team before applying for internships and job opportunities, and to take advantage of our resources for career assessment and preparation.