Career Development encourages students to explore their interests, abilities, skills, and personality types so that they may set and achieve post-graduate professional goals. We support students and families by:
- Facilitating student internships and meetings/groupwork with career advisors.
- Organizing job presentations, mentorships, and job shadowing opportunities with Davidson alumni and parents.
- Providing online job and employment resources
- Reviewing resumes and conducting mock interviews to prepare students to compete on a national and international level
- Supporting faculty committees that help students in pre-professional planning, including pre-law, pre-medical, and pre-managerial programs
- Maintaining WildcatLink, our on-campus recruiting system that connects students with employers and informs them about internships, position openings, fellowships, and other opportunities.
- Hosting multiple career fairs annually
- Fostering the Alumni Network, which serves as a strong resource for students
In addition to the items listed above, we are a member of the Nationwide Internship Consortium, a highly selective group of 18 colleges and universities that share national and international internships, and the Selective Liberal Arts Consortium, a group of 14 liberal arts colleges providing national opportunities at conference centers in New York City, San Francisco, Boston, Washington, D.C., and Chicago.
Learn more about the Center for Career Development.