Career Development encourages students to explore their interests, abilities, skills, and personality types so that they may set and achieve post-graduate professional goals. We support students and families by:
- Facilitating student internships and meetings/groupwork with career advisers
- Organizing job presentations, mentorships, and job shadowing opportunities with Davidson alumni and parents
- Providing online job and employment resources
- Reviewing resumes and conducting mock interviews to prepare students to compete on a national and international level
- Supporting faculty committees that help students in pre-professional planning, including pre-law, pre-medical, and pre-managerial programs
- Maintaining WildcatLink, our on-campus recruiting system that connects students with employers and informs them about internships, position openings, fellowships, and other opportunities
- Hosting an annual law school fair
- Fostering the Alumni Network, which serves as a strong resource for students
In addition to the items listed above, we are a member of the Nationwide Internship Consortium, a highly selective group of 18 colleges and universities that share national and international internships, and the Selective Liberal Arts Consortium, a group of 14 liberal arts colleges providing national opportunities at conference centers in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Learn more about the Center for Career Development.