Apply for a Grant
Once you have gathered all of your application materials, you must apply directly through Handshake (login required). The Handshake application process opens March 1, 2018. Please contact the Center for Career Development with any questions.
- Online Application: There is one common application for all of the grants offered through the Center for Career Development. As you are completing the application, please pay close attention to the instructions for each section. We recommend that you review the application questions and prepare your responses in a separate document prior to filling in the application form. The link to the application will be available in Handshake beginning March 1.
- Professional Résumé/CV: For general résumé tips, review the Résumé Writing Guide. We encourage you to have your résumé reviewed by a career adviser in the Center for Career Development during walk-in hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- One-Page Professional Cover Letter (Tom Anstrom Grant Only): A cover letter is required only for the Tom Anstrom Internship Fund Grant. The cover letter should describe your internship and its relevance to your professional and academic goals; the email address of your supervisor or the internship coordinator at the organization; and a description of how this experience will help you enact positive change in the world. For general cover letter tips, review the Cover Letter Writing Guide.
- Prospective Budget: You should plan and illustrate expenses in a prospective budget (DOC).
- Internship Description: You should obtain a detailed internship description from your supervisor or the internship coordinator at the organization where you are pursuing an internship. If you do not have a description, we encourage you to reach out to your supervisor to obtain or develop one. If that information will not be available prior to the grant application deadline, you may create a job description based upon your knowledge of the organization, information from its website, discussions during the interview process, or other sources. Please note on the description how you obtained the information.
If you wish to have your application materials reviewed by an adviser in the Center for Career Development, stop by during walk-in hours, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.