Diversity Career News
For additional information regarding diversity-focused career initiatives, be sure to select 'Diversity' as a field interest in WildcatLink powered by Handshake. To sign up, simply log in to WildcatLink and go to the 'Academic' tab in your profile.
- Americans with Disabilities Act: Provides key terms and provisions of the ADA and reasonable accommodation information.
- Emerging Leaders: A summer internship program for college students with disabilities that offers paid summer internships at many of America's leading corporations, such as JP Morgan Chase, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Barclay's Capital, and Liz Claiborne. These companies are members of the Center's National Business & Disability Council and are proactive in recruiting qualified people with disabilities. To be considered for an internship, you must be a current student, undergraduate or graduate, and be maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Entry Point: A program of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) offering outstanding internship opportunities in science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and some fields of business for students with disabilities.
- Equal Opportunity Publications: Provides information about diversity recruitment career fairs, a resume database, and links to EOP magazines for women, members of minority groups, and people with disabilities, each with links to companies currently recruiting.
- Job Accommodation Network: A free consulting service designed to increase the employability of people with disabilities by providing individualized worksite accommodations solutions, providing technical assistance regarding the ADA and other disability-related legislation, and educating callers about self-employment options.
- DisABLED Person: Register to post your résumé and search jobs posted by employers proactively seeking candidates with disabilities.