WildcatLink, Liberal Arts Career Network (LACN) and Nationwide Internship Consortium (NIC) Job and Internship Databases
As the Center for Career Development's internal job and internship posting system, WildcatLink is your primary gateway to Davidson-specific career opportunities and resources. WildcatLink includes internships and job shadowing opportunities that we receive from families and friends of Davidson, alumni, and other employers who have strong interest in hiring Davidson students. In order to post your first résumé on WildcatLink, you must first submit it to our office for approval.
Access WildcatLink for the following:
- Job, internship, and job shadowing postings (keep an eye out for positions labeled "Alum-Referred" or "Parent-Referred")
- Career Development workshops, panels, and career fairs
- On-campus recruiting information
- Employer information sessions
- Direct links to LACN and NIC, additional internship and job databases
Davidson is a member of the Liberal Arts Career Network (LACN), a consortium of 37 top liberal arts colleges and universities (including Bates, Colgate, Hamilton, Lafayette, Union College, Vassar and Wesleyen University) who all add positions to the LACN database. This membership gives students access to internships and entry-level jobs posted in LACN and its partner consortium, the Nationwide Internships Consortium (NIC). Access LACN and NIC through WildcatLink (click on the icons after signing in).
Access LACN and NIC for the following:
- More internships and jobs. Approximately 5,000 internships and jobs are active in LACN and NIC at any given time.
- Geographic diversity. There are hundreds of internships and jobs on the west coast and in major northeast urban areas.
- Internships and jobs posted by other selective liberal arts colleges with liberal arts students' majors and interests in mind.
Why Use LACN and NIC?
As member schools are located all across the United States and have broad employer networks, LACN and NIC are useful whether you are exploring a wide variety of opportunities across the country or focusing your search on a particular geographical region. Internships and jobs posted by LACN and NIC are vetted by career staff at the selective consortium schools, so you will find a wide selection of high-quality internships in these databases.
Make the Most of WildcatLink, LACN and NIC:
- Select your career fields of interest when building your WildcatLink profile, and update this information as your interests change. We use these lists to send out information, events, and new job and internship opportunities related to these specific career fields. Don't miss out on this opportunity to receive tailored and specific information pertaining to your area(s) of interest.
- When applying to positions in LACN and NIC, check in with the organization before you submit an application. While most organizations with active postings are accepting applications, some may have already hired their interns. This is especially true of positions posted in LACN and NIC. If the internship was posted more than a month ago, we recommend contacting the organization to confirm that they are accepting applications before taking the time to apply. In order to see the most updated postings, we recommend sorting by Date Posted when viewing internships.
- Don't ignore the "Job Leads" tab. The Job Leads tab contains job and internship postings that were recently active but have expired. Think of this information as a valuable source of networking content. If you see an ideal internship in the Job Leads section, take the initiative to contact the organization to express your interest and see if they will be offering similar opportunities in the future.