Davidson Housing Coalition
The Davidson Housing Coalition believes that Davidson's traditional mix of people in all income levels is fundamental to our community and distinguishes us as a town. The mission of Davidson Housing Coalition is to work with the larger community to preserve and create affordable housing options and to prepare families and individuals for financial stability and homeownership. This is a two-year, full-time professional fellowship for recent college graduates with an interest in nonprofit work, affordable housing, and local politics. Estimated start date is June 1, 2014.
- Bachelors Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Volunteer or internship experience with at least one local non-profit organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write and speak Spanish preferred but not required
- Highly organized
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, with short and long-term deadlines
- Event planning experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point
- Knowledge of website design and maintenance preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter who also receives instruction well
- Team player with enthusiasm to be knowledgeable about all aspects of the organization
- Must be flexible and have a sense of humor
- Plan and execute annual events such as the Holidays for Hope and Housing, Souper Bowl, Christmas in Davidson, with relevant committees. Attend all events and related meetings, with some nights and weekends required.
- Research grant opportunities and write grant proposals. Brief Executive Director, Development Committee, and Board of Directors on grant progress as needed and requested.
- Provide key administrative support and daily office management including, but not limited to, answering telephone calls and emails, creating handout packets, filing and maintaining organized financial records, collecting and sending mail, and keeping office supplies stocked.
- Serve as DHC staff contact for Board of Directors and its committees. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, attending monthly meetings, taking minutes, providing administrative support, preparing for annual retreat, and implementing publicity strategy.
- Serve as an active member of the Board of Directors' Development, HAMMERS, and Organizational Development committees.
- Provide information to the public via phone, email and social media regarding all programs and services of the Davidson Housing Coalition, including events and fundraisers.
- Maintain design and content of organization's website; create e-newsletters.
- Maintain donor database and draft all donor thank you letters.
- Translate relevant documents into Spanish and serve as primary contact for Spanish-speaking clientele, to whatever degree possible.
Salary and Benefits
Salary: TBD for first year, second year based on review
Benefits: Fixed monthly health insurance contribution, 10 days paid vacation per year, paid sick leave, mileage reimbursement for work related trips, encouragement to pursue and attend relevant trainings and conferences, personalized opportunities for shadowing and exposure.