Location: New York, N.Y.
The Touch Foundation is a not-for-profit organization working to improve the health of the Tanzanian people by strengthening the health system across the different levels of care. We further expand our impact across Tanzania and beyond by disseminating the acquired knowledge to the local and international public health community. Touch develops innovative solutions that are sustainable in the long run and can be replicated across Sub-Saharan Africa. We base our approach on developing extensive collaborations with local partner organizations and enabling them to play a central role in program implementation, creating cost-effective sustainable solutions embedded within the existing health system. For more information about Touch Foundation, please visit our website.
Essential Job Functions
We are seeking a highly motivated, proactive and results-oriented analyst who will be responsible for performing an array of communication, fundraising, marketing and public relations activities in New York. The analyst will support the development of a suite of print and online communications materials, and assist in the implementation of various fundraising campaigns, appeals and special events. The analyst will report to the Director of Development and will work closely with various members of the development and program team.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Support the development, implementation and evaluation of the Touch Foundation communication plan aimed at multiple audiences
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of print and electronic collateral.
- Generate online content that engages diverse audiences, ensuring that the Touch Foundation's online presence is up to date, compelling and engenders support.
- Collaborate with the development team to execute fundraising vehicles, including major events, appeals, campaigns and targeted outreach.
- Coordinate donor mailings, online solicitations and corporate giving campaigns.
- Develop donor communications including mail appeals, impact updates, informational materials, acknowledgement letters and email solicitations.
- Draft the designs of campaign material, event invitations, email campaigns, brochures, and other PR-related materials for the development team.
- Update and issue gift acknowledgments. Maintain electronic files of letters and donor checks.
Please note: As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the analyst may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree with excellent academic track record.
- Strong experience developing variety of suite of communication materials.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to proactively work independently and also as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Solid relationship-building skills: ability to interface with external constituents.
- Exceptional detail orientation.
- Superior organizational and planning skills for balancing multiple projects and responsibilities
- Successful experience managing social media, developing graphic design, with knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and InDesign preferred.
- Donor database management experience with Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
- Good judgment and discretion to represent the Touch Foundation in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to respond to shifting needs with flexibility while maintaining a positive approach and sense of humor.
Touch Foundation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).