Grants and Contracts is a full-service (pre- and post-award) office that manages administrative processes related to Davidson College's externally funded grants. Our office acts as a liaison between faculty, college administrators, and funding agencies. Grants and Contracts services include but are not limited to:
- We subscribe to two powerful databases: InfoEd SPIN Plus and the Grant Advisor Plus, a leading source of information on grants, research, and fellowship opportunities for faculty.
- Additionally we routinely conduct individual funding searches in connection with upcoming sabbatical leaves, new or continuing research, curriculum development, workshops and equipment.
Find useful information needed to prepare a competitive grant proposal on the proposal development page
- Obtain and provide sponsor guidelines and application forms
- Clarify agency guidelines
- Proposal review
- Budget preparation
- Obtain college approvals and signatures
- Duplicate and mail proposals
- Follow up on the status of pending proposals
- Assist in the negotiation of awards and execution of contracts
Guidelines for post-award grant management
- Set up and manage grant accounts
- Provide quarterly financial reports
- Grant close-out