Grants & Contracts
Our office manages administrative processes related to Davidson College's externally funded grants, both pre- and post-award. We serve as a liaison between faculty, college administrators, and funding agencies.
Roles and Responsibilities
The principal investigator (PI) is the primary individual in charge of a research grant, cooperative agreement, contract or other sponsored project. Our office, as well as individuals working in Academic Affairs and Finance & Administration, support the PI as shown in the Roles and Responsibilities (PDF) matrix.
Our services include but are not limted to:
- We subscribe to two powerful databases: InfoEd SPIN Plus and the Grant Advisor Plus, a leading source of information on grants, research, and fellowship opportunities for faculty.
- Additionally we routinely conduct individual funding searches in connection with upcoming sabbatical leaves, new or continuing research, curriculum development, workshops and equipment.
You can find useful information needed to prepare a competitive grant proposal on the proposal development page,
including the following.
- How to obtain and provide sponsor guidelines and application forms
- Clarification of agency guidelines
- Proposal review
- Budget preparation
- How to obtain college approvals and signatures
- How to duplicate and mail proposals
- How to follow up on the status of pending proposals
- Assistance in negotiating awards and executing contracts
You can view our guidelines for post-award grant management
include the following.
- Set up and manage grant accounts
- Provide quarterly financial reports
- Grant close-out