Davidson College is a wonderful spot to hold events, with multiple campus venues to accommodate the needs of different hosts and parties.
In upholding our commitment to provide students with the best learning environment, we limit the times at which non-college events may take place, and we have certain rules by which parties must abide. They are:
- We do not rent out space when the college is in session. Exceptions are made rarely and only when the impact of the event on the students and campus will be minimal.
- We require the use of Much Ado Catering (the college catering department) for all beverage and food needs.
- We do not host non-college outdoor events.
- We determine the staffing needs for an event.
- We do not allow parties to pin, staple, or tape decorations to walls or furniture, nor hang them from the ceilings.
- We prohibit open flames.
- We limit driving through campus in accordance with college policies, which prohibit front door drop-off and leaving in a limousine, among other things.
Scheduling an Event
Please check the academic calendar to ensure your event is planned during an academic break. Then, email Cissi Lyles or John Barnhart with the following information:
- Type of event
- Expected attendance
- Date of event
- Type of venue needed
Once we receive your email, we will contact you with questions about your event and information about our available facilities.
Note: Davidson College Presbyterian Church handles scheduling for weddings and other events in church facilities including the sanctuary and chapel.
Confirming an Event
To confirm an event, we will need:
- A signed facility use contract (provided when you submit your request)
- A certificate of insurance as required in the contract. You can purchase insurance through the Davidson College carrier, which often is the most cost-effective option.
- Payment of half of the rental rate. This payment will be credited to your account but is non-refundable in the case of cancellation. If your rent is less than $100, the full rental amount is due prior to the event.
Rental rates vary based on the size and technology of the facility. The rate schedule (PDF) gives a general idea of rental rates, but prices may vary based on the duration of use, the size of the event and the equipment and staffing needed.