Davidson College is a wonderful spot to hold events, with multiple campus venues to accommodate the needs of different hosts and parties.
In upholding our commitment to provide students with the best learning environment, we limit the times at which non-college events may take place, and we have certain rules by which parties must abide. They are:
- Space cannot be rented when the college is in session. Exceptions are made rarely and only when the impact of the event on the students and campus will be minimal.
- The use of Much Ado Catering (the college catering department) is required for all beverage and food needs.
- Non-college outdoor events cannot be accommodated.
- Staffing needs for an event are determined by Guest Services.
- Parties cannot pin, staple, or tape decorations to walls or furniture, nor hang them from the ceilings.
- Open flames prohibited.
- Driving through campus is limited, and in accordance with college policies, front door drop-off and leaving in a limousine, among other things, is prohibited.
Scheduling an Event
Since we are not a conference center, Davidson College must always place its students first. Please check the academic calendar to ensure your event is planned during an academic break. When you email to schedule an event, the following information is necessary to help determine if your request can be accommodated. Include as much information as possible:
- Type of event
- Expected attendance
- Date and time of event
- Type of venue needed
- Type of set-up and services needed
Once we receive your email, we will contact you with questions about your event and information about our available facilities.
Note: Davidson College Presbyterian Church handles scheduling for weddings and other events in church facilities including the sanctuary and chapel.
Confirming an Event
To confirm an event, we will need:
- A signed facility use contract (provided when you submit your request)
- A certificate of insurance as required in the contract. You can purchase insurance through the Davidson College carrier, which often is the most cost-effective option. Check a quote here.
- Payment of half of the rental rate. This payment will be credited to your account but is non-refundable in the case of cancellation. If your rent is less than $100, the full rental amount is due prior to the event. Deposit checks should be made payable to Davidson College and mailed to Box 7160, Davidson, NC 28035.