Activities Prior to Leaving Davidson
In order to receive full payment for any accrued but unused vacation accruals, hourly paid employees who decide to leave college employment must provide written notification to his or her supervisor at least two weeks (10 working days) prior to the intended last day of work. Salaried employees must provide at least 30 days notice of resignation.
- All uniforms, keys, ID cards, materials, equipment, parking decals and other property of the college must be returned by the employee prior to leaving the college's employment.
- In accordance with the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1986 (COBRA), employees leaving the college may be eligible to continue health insurance coverage at their own expense.
- Medical benefits remain active through the end of the month in which you leave employment with Davidson College. For example, if your last day of work is January 5, your medical benefits stay active until January 31.
- A Human Resources representative will contact you regarding completion of an exit survey.
- Information Technology Services (ITS) is responsible for removing access to email and other systems for terminating employees. If the individual has installed any software licensed to Davidson College on his/her personally-owned home computer, the individual must adhere to the terms of the software licensing agreement. Software vendors such as Microsoft require that the software be removed if the individual is no longer an employee of the college.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to Human Resources at 704-894-2213.