Student Employment

Student employment is an important way to acquire and enhance workplace skills, knowledge and abilities. These real-world skills and experiences will benefit you in the years after graduation. Most students are eligible to work on campus and may work in a variety of departments and organizations.

Students who received an employment award with their financial aid package need to contact our Financial Aid Office at 704-894-2232. International students must have an F1 or J1 Visa to work on campus. Learn how to start your application, find a job that matches your skills, when you will be paid, and more.

Once you receive a job offer and accept, you must complete the proper paperwork with Human Resources before you can begin working. Most positions require 8-11 hours per week and will require you log your time using Web Time Entry in Banner Self Service (login required). You will be paid by direct deposit on the fifteenth day of the month.

If you've been assigned a position through the Financial Aid Office, you may work no more than 20 hours per week. An international student with an F-1 Visa may work 20 hours per week while classes are in session and full time when classes are not in session.

You will not be able to switch positions in the middle of the semester, unless there are extenuating circumstances. W2 statements are mailed to the student's home address or may be picked up in the Business Services Office. International students may pick their W2 from the international student coordinator. The W2 statement will be mailed to those international students who have graduated.

For questions regarding student employment, call our Human Resources Office at 704-894-2213. Questions regarding a financial aid award for work-study should be directed to our Financial Aid Office at 704-894-2232.