Davidson College encourages students and parents to clear student account balances as soon as possible. In the event a balance is carried beyond the payment deadline, students or parents may enter into a payment plan to facilitate prompt payment.
This policy seeks to inform parents, students, and the Office of Business Services of the opportunity to use a payment plan after the payment deadline.
Student Account balances must be paid in full by the relevant deadline. Accounts with a balance remaining may be paid in full by using a payment plan offered through Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI).
Administration of Policy
The Controller/Director of Business Services shall oversee this policy and review it at least once every two years. Changes to this policy shall be made in accordance with the college's Policy on Policies.
If a student's account cannot be paid in full by the due date, parents may enter into a contract with ECSI to pay for their student's tuition/fees for the current year. Parents pay the agreed upon amount directly to ECSI for the contracted number of months. ECSI holds payments until the end of the week. ECSI sends a wire transfer to Davidson for the total of all payments received during the previous week and month, respectively.
Please note that past due accounts may be subject to late penalties.
Payments are posted to student's accounts from a file provided by ECSI. A report is also available to Davidson, which provides student names, ID numbers, the amount of payments, and other pertinent information.
To post payment plans from the file provided by ECSI:
- Click on ECSI File Transfer (on Desktop)
- Select Folder 7: TPP
- Find File (ex: date-TPPWK.TKT.ENC3)
- Double click on File to open
- Print Page (To verify Total Posted)
- If a payment was "Rec@DC", it will need to be deleted. To Delete: Highlight item to be deleted, Press Delete twice, then File/Save (will not update Total on Bottom as this is static.)
- Exit out of File
- On your desktop, double-click the CuteFTP icon.
- At the ‘FTP Site Manager site' box, Double click on Phoenix.davidson.edu.
- Click File, transfer type, ASCII
- From Drop Down on Left: C: then Sal-Temp
- Find File on Left (Text File/Not ENC3 File).
- Left Click on File and drag to the right
- Exit out of CuteFTP.
- Check report received from Donna for application fees. If there are fees noted, to go TSAMASS, code = APP ($40 will default as the amount), enter term, ctrl pg down. Enter ID#s , then commit.
- Go into GUAHOST in Banner and type ‘ar_menu' [enter]
- 2 - Accounts Receivable Menu
- 4 - Payment Plan Processing
- Accounts Receivable Section
- 1 - Load data into temporary table [enter] *first question ‘Enter filename"
- ####-tppwk.txt (ECSI file) - see top of printout for file name.
- 2 - Find Banner pidm and update temporary table [enter]
- 3 - Update Accounts Receivable from temporary table [enter]
- Term code: 2003 01 or current term 200X0X [enter]
- 4 - Listing of people in error [enter] <Printouts will default to JC03102 (Change to JC02100)
- 5 - Listing of people updated [enter] <LAND16
- Memo Credits Section
- 6 - Load data into temporary table [enter]*first question ‘Enter filename' Ex: date-FTPP.TXT.ENC3
- 7 - Find Banner pidm and update temporary table [enter]
- 8 - Update Memo Credits from temporary table (Term Code = current Term ex: 200901/ Exp Date = Day-Mon-Yr of Next Month ex: In August = 30-SEP-2009)
- 9 - Listing of people in error [enter] <Printouts will default to JC03102 (Change to JC02100)
- 10 - Listing of people updated [enter] <LAND16
- Go to spq and change form type, if necessary, to get reports to print. You should get 2 reports:
- IDs do not match Banner IDs
- Credited accounts
- If report (1)-IDs do not match Banner IDs- go to TSAMASS and enter those students and their payments with AMS Dtl.Code. You will have to search on names since IDs on printout are incorrect.
- Total amounts on report (1) = total amount entered on TSAMASS. If amounts equal, then commit.
- Close active cashier session for yourself. Do not finalize at this time!
- Close cashier session for ‘Session User' INTERFACE (same process as closing your cashier session only with a different user that is created by the payment plan processing).
- Do not finalize at this time!
- Print closed cashier sessions. The printing process is the same for all student payments.
- On your desktop, double-click the CuteFTP icon.
- At the ‘FTP Site Manager site' box, phoenix should be highlighted (selected). Click the connect button on the bottom right side.
- At the ‘Login Messages' box, click OK.
- To delete one file: Click on the file on the right side of the screen that you no longer need, such as the file that you just downloaded. Press the delete button.
- To remove multiple files that are listed together: Click on the first file that you want to delete, then press and hold the shift button, and click on the last file that you want to delete. All files in between will be highlighted and will be deleted once you press the delete key.
- To remove multiple files that are NOT listed together: Click on the first file that you want to delete, then press and hold the Ctrl button, and click on the other files that you want to delete. All files that you clicked on will be highlighted and will be deleted once you press the delete key.