Education Scholars is a 9-week "Transition to Impact" summer program for Davidson students interested in driving change at every level of our education system. This program places ten students in immersive, project-based internships with local partners in and around the Charlotte education system.
- Complete a high-impact internship at a leading education organization in the City of Charlotte
- Participate in regular enrichment workshops with local experts and practitioners that explore and analyze complex issues in education
- Live in a community with other scholars just outside of Charlotte's vibrant Uptown
- Access a network of innovative practitioners and change-makers who can serve as mentors and resources
Who Should Apply?
All non-graduating students with an interest in any of the following areas:
- Social change/change management
- Policy, politics/government
- Philanthropy, teaching, economic inequality
- Urban studies
How to Apply?
The application for the 2016 Education Scholars cohort will be available in December 2015.
The 2015 program begins June 1 and ends July 31.
Please contact Katherine Bowser if you have any questions.