Education Scholars is a 9-week "Transition to Impact" summer program for Davidson students interested in driving change at every level of our education system. This program places ten students in immersive, project-based internships with local partners in and around the Charlotte education system.
- Complete a high-impact internship at a leading education organization in the City of Charlotte
- Participate in regular enrichment workshops with local experts and practitioners that explore and analyze complex issues in education
- Live in a community with other scholars just outside of Charlotte's vibrant Uptown
- Access a network of innovative practitioners and change-makers who can serve as mentors and resources
Who Should Apply?
All non-graduating students with an interest in any of the following areas:
- Social change/change management
- Policy, politics/government
- Philanthropy, teaching, economic inequality
- Urban studies
How to Apply?
The application for the 2016 Education Scholars cohort will be available in December 2015.
The 2016 program begins May 31 and ends July 29.
Please contact Katherine Bowser if you have any questions.