Allergy Alert: Facts to know while dining in Vail Commons a.k.a. the "Commons."
- Commons has an open kitchen policy. Please come into the kitchen to speak to our chefs, review recipes and ingredients any time.
- Please do not ask your servers about ingredients in a dish. We need YOU to read ingredient lists to determine if food is safe for you to consume.
- Commons strives to remain nut-free in our cooking production; however, it is possible that ingredients used have trace amounts of nuts due to being processed in facilities that contain nuts.
- Commons offers:
- Sealed single serving containers of peanut butter.
- Sun butter made from sunflowers seeds as an alternative to peanut butter.
- Milk substitutes include Lactaid, Vanilla Soy Milk, Chocolate Soy Milk, Plain Almond Milk and Vanilla Almond Milk are available and served in separate containers.
- Canola oil is used to fry foods. All fried foods on campus are susceptible to cross-contamination. If you have severe food allergies or are concerned about cross-contamination, you are advised to avoid fried foods.
- One side of the salad bar is designated Vegan.
- Vegetarian and Vegan options offered every day every meal period.
- Customers may prepare one to go meal per meal session in Commons.
- It is appropriate at any time to ask servers to change gloves or change out utensils if you are concerned about cross-contamination.
- To receive special accommodations, we require that you provide a diet prescription from your physician, meet with one of our dietitians and take a tour of Commons. Once you meet the requirements, the staff will assist you with your needs. If a meal needs to be specially prepared, please email email@example.com at least three hours in advance.
- The purple wall located in the kitchen is a Gluten free area; this area contains Gluten free foods and a Gluten free toaster.
- For Gluten free approved students, you may request:
- Gluten free pizza using the purple order sheets. Your pizza will be prepared as requested; then you will take your pizza to be cooked at our grill station.
- Commons is a commercial kitchen where ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions, and cross-contact with allergens is possible; we cannot guarantee any food item will be completely free of allergens.
- Gluten free bread and pasta.
- Baked Gluten free chicken tenders and Gluten Free French fries. Please be advised there will be a wait time if you do not email in advance.
- For a prescribed EpiPen, you are welcome to store your Epipen in Commons in the event of an emergency. Your EpiPen must be unexpired and include a prescription label containing your name.
We want to get to know you, your preferences and your needs. For questions or concerns, please contact:
Dining Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Dietitians at email@example.com