The college holds weekly worship services for multiple faiths and denominations, as well as weekly group meditations and annual seasonal celebrations.
- Catholic Mass: Sundays at 6:30 p.m. in Lingle Chapel.
- Episcopal Eucharist: Sundays at 4:30 p.m. in Lingle Chapel.
- Jummah Prayer:
Fridays at 2:30 p.m. on campus.
- Shabbat Services: Certain Friday evenings each semester in the Alvarez College Union.
- Thursday Praise and Worship (Ecumenical): Thursdays at 10 p.m. in the sanctuary of Davidson College Presbyterian Church. The service is a student-led gathering with contemporary praise music, prayer and scripture.
- Weekly College Worship (Ecumenical):
Wednesdays at 5 p.m. in the Alvarez College Union. The service is Christian worship led by students and the College Chaplain. It incorporates music and liturgy from around the world (including in the style of Taizé), quiet reflection, and a monthly celebration of Holy Communion.
The Davidson Labyrinth is the perfect spot for walking meditation or quiet reflection. Located in Hobart Park (across Faculty Drive behind the athletic scoreboard), the labyrinth is accessible at any time.
Seasonal Worship and Celebration
In addition to weekly worship opportunities, the college community holds seasonal worship services and celebrations annually, including:
- Christmas Vespers
- Hindu festivals of Diwali and Holi
- A Feast on the Muslim holy day of Eid ul-Fitr
- Passover Seder celebration
- Ash Wednesday service
The college also holds annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Chinese New Year celebrations, among others.
Observances and Holy Days
Davidson's chaplaincy encourages students, staff, and faculty members to be aware and respectful of the diverse religious observances of its community members when scheduling events.
While not a comprehensive list of all holy days from every tradition, this calendar includes those that are particularly significant to traditions represented on campus.