Students living in Martin Court must abide by the rules and polices governing the complex.
Any Martin Court resident locked out of their room or apartment during college business hours (8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. Mon-Fri) may come to Residence Life in Belk Basement for a lock-out key. Please note that any lost keys will require Physical Plant to rescore the room and cut new keys at a charge of $40 to the resident.
After Business Hours
The Martin Court Staff provides lockout assistance at night and on the weekends. The first two lockouts during the academic year are free of charge. Any and all lockouts in excess of two will incur a $10 fee. Martin Court residents locked out of their room or apartment after business hours should contact the following staff for assistance:
- Martin Court Building Manager on-call cell (704) 975-0217
Mon-Fri. 5pm-midnight, Sat.-Sun. 8am-midnight:
- 24/7: Public Safety cell (704) 609-0344
Public Safety charges students $10 for any and all lockouts.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED IN MARTIN COURT
- Halogen lamps
- Upholstered patio furniture
- Extension cords under 14 gauge
- Candles, incense and other items that burn
- Your own bed
- Pets (other than fish)
- 2 or more micro-refrigerators in one apartment
- All college-owned furniture must remain in your apartment at all times.
- Bikes left on patios or in stairwells risk being confiscated by campus police or the Davidson Fire Marshall. Leave your bike locked to a bike rack or store it in your apartment.
- Plywood tables used for party games on porches risk being confiscated by Campus Police or the Davidson Fire Marshall. Please remove tables when not in use.
- All residents are responsible for purchasing their own cleaning supplies and toilet paper.
Quick and easy tips for keeping your apartment clean and passing Health and Safety inspections:
- Use aluminum foil to line the stove-top burners.
- Don't forget to clean the inside of your oven with oven cleaner.
- Use Soft Scrub R for sinks, showers, and counter tops.
- Use Clean Shower or other shower sprays after showering to maintain cleanliness and make the next cleaning easier.
- Mop all of your tiled floors weekly.
- Put away food, clean up food particles and take out your trash to avoid ant and rodent problems.
- Sweep porches and keep clean from debris. Trash on porches and first floor containers attracts skunks and other rodents; place all your trash in the dumpsters.
The above is not an exhaustive list. For a complete list of items not allowed in the residence halls and apartments, please see the student handbook.