New York City Tour 2015
Join Friends of the Arts on a fun-filled trip to NYC in the fall of 2015. This trip will feature a private viewing of Sotheby's with Senior Vice President Geraldine Nager who will offer a rare view into the world of fine arts auctions and visually stunning gallery spaces. Following the tour, we will enjoy a wine tasting at Sotheby's in one of their extraordinary spaces.
We will also visit the Whitney Museum, walk the highline and visit galleries in Chelsea.
Additional highlights include two performances of your choice:
- Broadway Musical
- Broadway Play
- Opera at the Metropolitan Opera
- Classical Music
Travel and Accomodations
Also included in the cost of the trip are:
- A three-night stay at the newly designed Viceroy Hotel in the heart of Manhattan
- Round-trip airfare from Charlotte to New York City
- Ground transportation to hotel from airport and back
Registration and Cost
The cost for this exciting trip is $1625 per person, based on double-occupancy hotel stay and airfare from Charlotte.
- Deposit due: August 15, 2015.
- Balance due: August 25, 2015.
Register and pay online, or send deposits to:
Davidson College Friends of the Arts
P.O. Box 7176
Davidson, NC 28035
For more information please contact Sherry Malushizky, Friends of the Arts director, at email@example.com or 704-894-2101.
Previous Travel Tours (since 1996)
- Curator guided tour and lunch at the Museum of Arts and Design
- Performance tickets to Once, Otello, Glengarry Glen Ross, Nice Work If You Can Get It, Peter and the Starcather, Jazz at Linclon Center, Metropolitan Opera and Carnegie Hall
- Group tickets to see Warhorse
- Dinner with Professor of English Cynthia Lewis before the Royal Shakespeare Company production of Romeo and Juliet
- Visit with The Color Purple producer Scott Sanders and lunch at Sardi's
- Guided tours of the Modern Museum of Art, the Whitney Museum, American Folk Art Museum and the New Museum of Contemporary Art
- Visit with Legally Blonde producer Kristin Caskey at The Players Club in Gramercy Park
- Visit with Signature Theatre's associate artistic director
- Great seats at musicals, plays and the opera
- Historical Hotel–The Warwick New York
- Small boutique hotels–Casablanca Hotel and The Kimberly