The event took place in the Duke Family Performance Hall on Friday, April 29, 2022.
An amazing group of trustees, faculty, staff, and students agreed to lead our search for Davidson’s next president.
The wealth of insight and experience they bring to this endeavor is reassuring and exciting as Davidson looks beyond the historic advances in which Carol Quillen led the college.
The 20-member search committee is chaired by the Hon. Anthony R. Foxx, as we previously announced. The group includes: trustees whose Davidson experiences span the past six decades, faculty from the sciences and humanities, staff who bring important institutional perspectives, and students from Georgia to California. Members of the committee have served at the highest levels of government, private industry, nonprofits and education. We are grateful beyond measure for their leadership and service.
We expect to name Davidson’s 19th president by spring and appreciate your support and help throughout the search.
Presidential Position Paper
- Hon. Anthony Foxx ’93 – Chair, Trustee
- Alison Hall Mauzé ’84 – Ex-Officio, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Patricio Boyer – Faculty
- Hailey Braemer ’23 – Student
- Lisa Green Case ’99 – Trustee
- Virgil L. Fludd ’80 – Trustee
- Yvette Pita Frampton ’95 – Trustee
- Paul T. Gomez ’22 – Student
- Karen Hales – Faculty
- David E. Hall ’84 – Trustee
- Bob Henderson – Trustee
- Eileen M. Keeley ’89 – Staff
- Andrew O’Geen – Faculty
- Kennedy Petties ’23 – Student
- Shelley Rigger – Faculty
- Steve A. Shames ’96 – Trustee
- Rob C. Spach ’84 – Staff
- R. David Sprinkle ’66 – Trustee-elect
- Ben R. Wall ’98 – Trustee
- Olivia C. Ware ’78 – Trustee
- Joel V. Williamson ’67 – Trustee
The committee has partnered with the search firm of SpencerStuart and will solicit input from the entire college community. If you have nominations or ideas regarding the search, please email them at DavidsonPresident@spencerstuart.com.