Hispanic Studies Minor
An academic minor in Hispanic Studies requires:
- Six courses conducted in Spanish above SPA 201 or 203.
- Two courses may be at the 200-level. At least four courses must be at the 300-level or above. Two of the four 300-level or above courses should be taken in residence at Davidson.
- The department may also require Advanced Spanish Grammar 302 or 303 as one of the four upper-level courses, depending on the student's language proficiency.
- Heritage speakers and native speakers should consult with the Department Chair regarding course pre-requisites on a case by case basis.
- Courses to be counted toward the minor may not be taken pass/fail.
Study in a Spanish-speaking country is strongly recommended. Visit our study abroad page for more information.