Mac Skelton '07
"Being a Belk Scholar, you get to campus and you think that you need to invest yourself in a certain kind of way. I took that pretty seriously and it propelled me into a kind of trajectory that I might not have had otherwise. "
- Ph.D. candidate at John Hopkins University, studying medical anthropology
- Lived in Iraq and Lebanon for a year researching how conflict affects health and healthcare
- Served as Student Government Association President and held many other student leadership roles
- Spent a semester studying political science, art history and theatre at a university in Mendoza, Argentina
Used Belk stipends to:
- Study Spanish language and culture in Quito, Ecuador