Nate Harding '17
"Davidson has challenged me not only to think critically about the structures and systems in our society but to see within myself the courage to dare to imagine and dare to dream beyond those structures."
Major: Education and Community Studies
- Served twice as class president
- Chair of Dinner at Davidson (a student-run fundraising event for the Davidson Trust)
- Co-founded Davidson Nonprofit Consulting, a group of students that supports local nonprofit groups
- As a researcher with Davidson's Digital Learning Research and Design team, conducted a study on inclusivity and belonging on campus.
- Volunteered with the college advising corps office at West Charlotte High School as part of a research project into how Black students' race affects their outlooks and aspirations
- Was a Chidsey Leadership Fellow
Used Belk stipends to:
- Intern as a Government Transformation and Agency Partnerships Fellow with The Partnership for Public Service as part of the Summer 2016 Davidson in Washington Program
- Participate in a summer innovation lab centered on issues of shelter in Cape Town, South Africa through the School for International Training (SIT)