Sarah Gustafson '14
"The Belk Scholarship invests in students in a way that allows them to give back to the community and act as ambassadors of goodwill."
Major: History (French minor)
- Ph.D. candidate at Harvard University
- Worked as a research assistant and blogger at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C.
- Received the 2014 W. Thomas Smith Scholarship
- Received the 2014 Kelly Award for her thesis, "Representing Joan of Arc: Youth, School, and Citizenship in the Thalamas Affair of 1904"
- Cofounded the Davidson Women's Action Committee, that collaborated with multiple offices and departments across campus to hold an event celebrating the 40-year anniversary of coeducation at Davidson
Used Belk stipends to:
- Travel to the Tuck Business School Summer Bridge Program, a month-long business immersion program that concludes with a competitive stock valuation project