The Senior Overnight is available to current high school seniors who are interested in a more in-depth Davidson community experience.
An overnight visit can help connect you with current students, as well as give you the opportunity to explore campus outside of a traditional tour.
Make the Most of Your Visit
Once you are on campus, the experience is yours to create. While no formal itinerary is planned, you are free to explore those activities that are of most interest to you. Please refer to our Campus Calendar to find out what events are happening during your stay. Davidson is a welcoming community, so be assured that you do not need to feel intimidated by going to events on your own or with newly made friends. The following outline is helpful for planning purposes:
- 5:30 p.m. - Arrive at Knobloch Campus Center to check in and store luggage.
- 6 p.m. - Dinner as a group at Vail Commons (our treat).
- 7-9:30 p.m. - Explore campus on your own or complete homework.
- 9:30-10 p.m. - Host matching will be conducted by the Overnight Team.
- 8 a.m. (following morning) - Official Senior Overnight concludes, although you will have campus event options, such as a class observation, attend an information session and campus tour, or our Day @ Davidson events on Sept. 28 and Nov. 2.
What to Bring
You will be hosted by a current Davidson student, most likely in their first or second year at Davidson. We recommend you bring the following items with you:
- Sleeping bag and a pillow (Davidson will provide a sleeping pad)
- Clothes for the following day, toiletries, a towel
- Money for breakfast and snacks
If you are flying, we encourage you to bring a travel-size pillow and blanket. Davidson has a limited number of sleeping bags available that you may reserve in advance.
Fall 2019 Senior Overnight Visit Dates
Dates to come.
Schedule Your Overnight Visit
Senior Overnight registration is open - request a Senior Overnight Visit using our Overnight Registration Calendar. The deadline to register is 10 days in advance of the overnight date, and these events will fill quickly.
To schedule an overnight in conjunction with our Day @ Davidson programs, you will be given the opportunity to request an Overnight Visit through the event registration form.
What Happens Next
Upon registering for a Senior Overnight Visit, you will receive a confirmation email that includes complete details on preparing for your stay.
Students are responsible for arranging their own travel to and from campus.
If you need assistance, please contact our visit coordinator, Michele Trovato, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone, at 704-894-2679.
Be aware of important dates regarding your application.
Learn about the Town of Davidson, the Greater Charlotte area and surrounding Lake Norman communities.