The training topic for the February 12, 2018 Social Media Workshop is Instagram. Join us on Monday, December 11, 2017, 3:30-4:30 p.m., in Room 209 of the Knobloch Campus Center
Nathan Hunerwadel, social media and digital content strategist, will review and demonstrate all of the fundamentals of running an Instagram account (or as much as we can cover in an hour based on the collective experience of the attendees). Please RSVP to Nathan Hunerwadel via firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning on attending, but last minute walk-ins are welcome as well.
Training topics will include:
- How to create an Instagram account and who should create an Instagram account
- College Communications guidelines for managing a Davidson College branded Instagram account
- Hashtags, Comments, Tags, Direct Messages and more explained
- How to draft, schedule and publish text, photos, videos and more to your account using desktop and mobile
- How to review post performance and analytics (for business accounts)
- The Instagram algorithm
- Latest trends and updates impacting Instagram accounts
- Introduction to Instagram 'stories'
- Introduction to Instagram ads (if there is time)
- Other questions as they arise
This workshop is part of a monthly Social Media Workshop series sponsored by College Communications. The workshop topics will vary each month. All members of the Davidson College community are encouraged to attend including students, faculty and staff. Barring scheduling conflicts, the workshops will be held on the second Monday of the month in Room 209 of the Knobloch Campus Center (just to the left of the main entrance to the Duke Family Performance Hall). The workshop will officially run from 3:30-4:30 p.m., but participants are welcome to come as early as 3 p.m. and stay through 5 p.m. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop and their mobile device to practice and follow along in real time. Participants are encouraged to arrive early to set up their personal devices before the start of the workshop officially at 3:30 p.m.
Contact Nathan Hunerwadel at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like any specific training topic to be covered during future social media workshops.