Answers to Your Vaccination Questions
Vaccinations are critical in the fight to stop the COVID-19 pandemic. More than 225 million COVID-19 vaccinations have been given worldwide, including nearly 70 million in the United States. Some Davidson College employees are eligible now to receive COVID-19 vaccinations and others will be eligible in March as essential workers who are required to work on campus, in accordance with state of North Carolina guidelines.
There’s a lot of misinformation out there. To help separate fact from fiction, the Davidson College Human Resources Department has created a vaccination guide for employees. The guide is being updated weekly to include information about vaccination locations as they become available.
The college encourages all employees to be vaccinated when they are eligible. To show our appreciation for employees taking this important step to protect the health of our community, the college is offering incentives to faculty and staff who elect to be vaccinated. Information about the incentive program are available on Inside Davidson. Note: Please do not submit vaccination certification cards to HR before March 15, when HR will provide additional details and instructions about the process.
If you would like to learn more about the U.S.-approved COVID-19 vaccines, these resources can help:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Get the Facts from the Mayo Clinic
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Myth vs. Fact from Johns Hopkins University Medicine
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Vaccines page
- Q&A with Davidson College Biology Professor and coronavirus expert Dave Wessner for more on how the vaccines were developed and how they work