The Calendar and Course Loads
- We will reconvene as a residential campus in August with the first day of classes on August 20.
- First year students and transfer students will be assigned a move in time on either Thursday, August 13 or Saturday, August 15.
- Upperclass students will follow a phased move-in and will be notified of their move-in date.
- As previously shared, all in-person class instruction will end by Thanksgiving, and students who go home for the holiday will not return to campus afterward. Those who stay on campus through Thanksgiving may stay until the end of the semester. Exams will be held remotely after Thanksgiving.
- There will be no announced fall break.
The revised, detailed 2020-2021 Academic Calendar has been posted.
Course Loads for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
Due to the additional challenges brought about by the pandemic, there will be a temporary change in the academic regulations regarding course loads.
- During the 2020-2021 academic year, a full course load will be defined as at least three courses per semester.
- The number of courses required for graduation – currently 32 – will be reduced for members of the Classes of 2021 through 2024. The requirement will be 31 courses for students enrolled for one semester of the coming academic year and 30 courses for those enrolled during both semesters.
- This change may reduce enrollments in some courses, so the minimum class size for the 2020-2021 academic year will be reduced from four to two.
We strongly encourage you to seek guidance from your advisers in making any decisions about course loads, including considerations related to completing your major requirements.