Sep. 14: Spring Semester
We want to let you know about plans that were just settled for the spring semester in hopes they will help you prepare. We appreciate the stress everyone is enduring and your commitment to our safety protocols that are helping keep campus safe. It’s critical that we keep up the hard work on these safety steps next semester so that we all can all enjoy the experience that we seek.
The spring calendar has been posted, and it was designed with help from the academic calendar team, which includes students, faculty and staff. Here are the important highlights:
- Classes will begin two weeks later than originally planned, on January 25. (Athletes will return earlier, given the shift of fall sports to spring.)
- Two midweek breaks will be provided – March 3rd and 4th and April 7th and 8th, though we continue to urge students not to travel from campus due to the risk of exposure.
- Classes end on April 29, followed by the Verna Miller Case Research & Creative Works Symposium on April 30. Non-seniors are expected to depart campus after that.
- Exams are May 7 to 10 for seniors and May 7 to 12 for others. Professors will arrange exams and they will not be conducted through the Self-Scheduled Exam Center.
- Commencement is scheduled for May 16.
- Classes will be delivered in the mode chosen by the professor (Flex, Hybrid or Remote), as they were this semester.
- Students will still live where they choose (On campus, Off campus or Remote), but students who were off campus or remote this semester and want to return to campus will need to speak with the Residence Life Office.
- Students who took leave this semester and plan to attend in the spring should check their Davidson e-mail accounts and follow normal protocols for class registration.