Travel Grant Recipient Requirements
Students who are awarded a Dean Rusk Grant will be required to sign a form agreeing to the following conditions. Failure to abide by any of the requirements may result in forfeiture of the grant funds and in Honor Code charges.
- The student agrees to use the funds for the project proposed, abide by any additional requirements mandated by the Dean Rusk International Studies Program or the International Education Committee (IEC) stated in the grant letter, and will contact Dean Rusk for approval of any changes to the trip before they occur.
- As proof that the funds given were used as specified by the IEC, the student will collect receipts totaling the amount of the grant or greater, complete the grant report form, and write an essay about the depth of the experience. Each will be completed and turned in the Dean Rusk International Studies Program Office within two weeks of the completion of the project (if not specified otherwise by the Dean Rusk Program Coordinator).
- The student may be required to repay a portion of the grant if he/she/they chooses to terminate the trip early. The Dean Rusk Program staff retains the authority to determine the sum of such a reimbursement. This does not apply to cases in which early termination results from developments beyond the student's control.
- The student may be further obligated to share experiences with other students through talks, participation in panels, visits to schools, etc., at the request of the Dean Rusk International Studies Program, and agree to any additional reporting conditions mandated by the IEC as communicated to the student by the program.
- Grant recipients must also obtain Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval for any project involving human subjects. Projects that involve conducting interviews with people in a foreign country, administering surveys or questionnaires, and even the use of archival data that originally comes from human subjects, will all require IRB approval. Many projects that involve minimal risk to participants are exempt from full IRB review. However, you must complete the necessary form to request an exemption. IRB information can be found here: Human Subjects IRB.
- Students must complete the Travel and Registration information on the Education Abroad Website. ALL students receiving academic credit for their summer grant MUST complete a Study Abroad summer program application.
All student payments are issued by direct deposit. If you need information regarding direct deposit contact the Business Services Office in Jackson Court 3.
For more information contact our Program Coordinator, Melinda Zweifel at firstname.lastname@example.org.