Changes to Payroll Schedules
In January 2019, the Human Resources (HR) and Payroll departments are making two changes that will affect staff and faculty paychecks.
- All faculty and staff employees will be paid every two weeks starting in January
- All benefitted employees' benefit withholdings will be for current premiums
In January 2019, the college will consolidate pay dates for all employees. All employees will be paid on a bi-weekly schedule, and there will no longer be a separate monthly payroll.
Also starting in January 2019, the withholding for benefit premiums will change from the current month-in-advance payment system to a "pay-as-you-go" arrangement. The transition from deducting benefit premiums a month in advance will mean that all employees who elect health, vision and/or dental will pay less than usual for their premiums in December 2018.
These changes will help us streamline our payroll and benefits processes, and most employees will enjoy be paid more frequently.
Resources & More Information
2019 Payroll Calendar (PDF)
- Examples of Payroll Changes (XLS)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Transition Loan and Repayment Agreement (PDF)
- Vacation Cash Out Agreement (PDF)
Payroll Changes Presentation
For more information about the changes to the payroll schedule:
- Download the Payroll Changes Presentation (PDF)
- Attend the meetings hosted by HR and Business Services teams:
- 3 p.m. Dec. 5, Smith 900 Room
- 2 p.m. Dec. 13, Smith 900 Room
- 11 a.m. Jan. 4, Smith 900 Room
- 2 p.m. Jan. 7, Smith 900 Room
What does this mean for you?
Non-exempt (or "hourly") employees will continue on the same payroll schedule.
Student employees will continue on the same payroll schedules.
- Exempt (or "salaried") staff and faculty employees, previously paid on a monthly pay schedule, will receive their last monthly pay at the end of December. They will then receive their first bi-weekly pay on January 18, 2019, for the period that ends January 12. The next pay date, which will be on February 1, 2019, and those pay dates following will be for 2-week pay periods.
Exempt staff employees will continue to report their leave on a monthly basis via Banner Self-Service.
We know that people will have many questions. In addition to the frequently asked questions and answers page, HR and Business Services will hold open meetings and attend many departmental and team meetings to answer questions. Employees who need to make individual decisions in advance of the payroll change, such as those who are having extra dollars withheld for taxes and those with direct deposits to multiple accounts, will receive individual emails with instructions for how to make changes in anticipation of the move to bi-weekly payrolls.
HR and Business Services staff will be available to answer questions through this entire transition period. Please let us know if you have any questions about these changes by contacting HR at 704-894-2213.