JE Admitted Students
Congratulations on being selected to participate in July Experience at Davidson College!
We are excited to have the opportunity to host you on campus this summer. The following information and resources will help you prepare for your time with us. Please be sure to read and complete the steps below by the corresponding deadlines as all steps must be completed to reserve your space in the program.
Steps to Complete
- Read your participant handbook for all important program information.
- Confirm or decline your intention to attend July Experience and submit your $500 deposit by the deadline corresponding to your application round. Priority round: April 24, 2019 Final round: May 8, 2019.
- Submit a color digital headshot photo of yourself (please digitally attach this photo in the space provided on the online registration form).
- Provide a copy of your current medical insurance card (front and back) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Form (located online on student portal).
- Complete and submit the registration forms along with your final balance check no later than May 22, 2019.
- Arrange and submit your travel details to and from Davidson College and notify the July Experience staff of any necessary accommodations by June 1st, 2019.
Registration Forms and Participant Handbook
All July Experience participants must read, complete and submit the following registration forms:
- Airport Shuttle Request Form (PDF)
- Expectations of Students Form (PDF)
- Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement (PDF)
- Medical and Immunization History Form (PDF)
- Participant Handbook and Information (PDF)
If you are an international student participating in July Experience you should apply for the B-2 tourist (visitor for pleasure) visa, as your stay is of short duration and the academic portion of the program will amount to no more than 15 hours per week. If you are from a country that participates in the U.S Visa Waiver Program, you do not need to obtain a visa. However, you will need pre-approval through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to entering the U.S. Please consult the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country if you have any questions about the necessary documentation for your visit.
All international students must have sufficient medical insurance coverage that is valid in the United States for the duration of our summer program. Please arrange and submit your proof of temporary medical insurance to the July Experience staff.
Please be in contact with the admission office about your travel arrangements. If you are having difficulty finding a flight within the recommended dates and times outlined in your participant manual, please contact the July Experience staff at email@example.com.
All students are expected to be on campus for registration on Sunday, June 30th. Check-in is from 1-3 p.m. at Grey House (Office of Admission), 405 North Main Street in Davidson. If you are traveling to Charlotte Douglas International Airport we will provide shuttles from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on June 30th with a fee of $20 per person one way. If you arrive outside of that time frame, you will be responsible for arranging your own travel from the airport. To reserve your spot on the shuttle, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students are expected to depart campus on Saturday, July 20th. We will provide shuttles from 8 a.m.-11 a.m. with a fee of $20 per person one way. All July Experience students must be checked out of the dorm by noon. The final shuttle for the airport will leave at 11:00 a.m. Please schedule your flight accordingly.
Davidson College is conveniently located off of Exit 30 on Interstate 77 in Davidson, North Carolina. We are located about 20 miles north of Charlotte, N.C. and 20 miles south of Statesville, N.C. For additional information and transportation options see our maps and directions.