Resources By Topic
Below are resources that provide helpful information about a variety of mental health issues. The links should not be used as a substitute for seeking help from a counselor.
Racial Justice/Racial Trauma Resources
- Young, Gifted, @ Risk and Resilient: A Video Toolkit to Support the Well-Being of Students of Color
- Emotionally Restorative Self Care for People of Color
- Filling our Cups: 4 Ways People of Color can Foster Mental Health and Practice Restorative Healing
- Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man: A conversation with former NFL player Emmanuel Acho about race that many white people have never been able to have
- Brene Brown with Ibram X. Kendi on How to Be an Antiracist (Podcast)
- Stepping Out of Privilege with Layla Saad, Author of Me and White Supremacy (The goop Podcast)
Student Immigration Resources
- United We Dream Network
- Dream Activist
- National Latina/o Psychological Association (NLPA)
- El Refugio
Town of Davidson Resources
- Alcohol Rehab Guide on College Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Addiction (NIDA)
- Smartphone Addiction
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- ProjectKnow: Understanding Addiction
College Student-specific Resources
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD)
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- A Nurses Guide to Eating Disorders
Gender and Sexuality
- Advocates For Youth - A website with information on sexuality, GLBTQ concerns and advocacy issues.
- Charlotte Transgender Healthcare Group - A multi-disciplinary team of licensed medical and mental health providers who work with gender-diverse individuals of all ages in Charlotte and the surrounding area.
- Go Ask Alice - A site that provides accurate and reliable information on a variety of issues.
- Out For Health - A health site with GLBTQ information.
- Planned Parenthood - A website that provides information about relationships and sexuality.
- Seriously Sexuality - A website with information on sexuality, gender issues, relationships, sex and more.
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States - An organization that provides education, resources, and archives regarding sexuality research and the history behind current events in the field.
- The Dinner Party: A worldwide community of 20- and 30-somethings who have each experienced loss
- Ultimate Guide to Grieving Support Services
- A Journey of Hearts
- The Grief Blog: Learn. Cope. Share. Heal
Health and Nutrition
Mental Health Resources
Mood Disorders (Anxiety, Depression, etc.)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder Health Center
- International Foundation for Education and Research on Depression (IFRED)
- Understanding Depression