As you begin or continue your path towards your career, there are many valuable online resources to help you, including:
- Handshake: Your Davidson portal to full-time positions, internships and fellowships.
- Davidson Career Advisor Network (DCAN): A powerful online tool that gives Davidson students and alumni expert advice from alumni, parents and other members of the Davidson network. DCAN helps you to easily and seamlessly obtain career-related advice on career paths and industries, on your résumé, and on your interviewing skills.
- Vault.com: View top employers and education programs, job search advice, salary information, job listings, employee message boards, and surveys. Create an account using your Davidson email address.
- Glassdoor: Free inside look at jobs and companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers. Click the link for unlimited access to Glassdoor without needing to create an account
- Idealist (for nonprofit jobs, fellowships and internships): This site includes more than 25,000 nonprofit and community organizations in 153 countries, which you can search for by name, location or mission.
- Internships.com: A large internship database easily searchable by career field or geographical area. We recommend using it in addition to Handshake and the Nationwide Internships Consortium.
- O*Net Online: This database includes information on skills, abilities, work activities, and interests associated with more than 800 occupations. Use the site to find out which jobs suit your interests, skills, and experience, and learn what it takes to be successful in your field and in related occupations.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: A classic reference with information about hundreds of careers. The OOH provides information on the training and education needed to enter specific career fields as well as information on earnings, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, and working conditions.