Accessibility Navigation:


Journal Entry Form

Use this form to submit a journal entry. If you have any questions about this form, contact the Business Services' Assistant at x2208.

Accounts Payable Voucher

Use this form to request payment of an invoice. Please note that capital projects/purchases in excess of $5,000 must be approved prior to payment (see Capital Project/Purchase Authorization Form below). If you have questions about this form, contact Accounts Payable at x2206.

Capital Project Authorization Form 

The Capital Project Authorization form is required for all capital projects or purchases with a total cost of $5,000 or more, including an aggregate purchase for multiple capital items that individually are less than $5,000. Capital items include expenditures for new construction, building renovations and additions, scientific, office and plant equipment, and technology-related items that will benefit a department for at least three years. If you have any questions about this form, contact the Assistant Controller at x2066.

When you submit this form, your department head will get an email from with a link to the form. They will need to open the link, approve the form online and forward the form to the next approver.

For more detailed instructions, review the Capital Project and Purchases memo.

To view the status of your online form, go to Capital Project Form Status (login required).


For projects/purchases approved as a part of the Capital Budget process, please indicate the Capital Budget ID on the capital project authorization form. Capital Budget ID numbers can be found here:

Cash Receipt 

Use the cash receipt form if you need to deposit a check or cash. If you have any questions about completing this form, contact the Cashier at x2065.

Temporary Employee Hire Form 

Supervisors and Principal Investigators/Project Directors must complete one form for each individual employed during the summer months, including students participating in summer programs. Use the Compensation Budget Worksheet (see below) when calculating the hourly rate of pay.

Compensation Budget Worksheet

This form is to assist Principal Investigators/Project Directors in calculating the maximum hourly rate to be paid in wages when fringe benefits and housing and meals are to be withheld from grant-funded stipends.

Grant-Funded Supplemental Pay

This form must be completed and submitted to the Office of Grants & Contracts no later than May 15 for each person whose grant-funded supplemental pay is to be funded by a grant.

Sabbatical Benefits Supplemental Approval 

When a faculty member is the recipient of a funding award which is intended to supplement the sabbatical salary paid by Davidson College, this form must be completed and circulated to the Grants & Contracts and Academic Affairs Offices for approval.

Research Grant Rebudgeting Request 

In certain instances, when a Principal Investigator requests the rebudgeting of grant funds (transferring funds between account lines), this form must be completed and approved. Criteria for instances when this form is necessary are found on the form.

VPAA Forms & Documents

See VPAA forms and documents (authorization required) used by the Academic Affairs Office.

Human Subjects IRB Application and Protocol 

Download and complete the application form that best fits your research: Davidson IRB Application for Exempt Research or Davidson Standard IRB Application for Non-Exempt Research.

The application form and any other documents requested on the application form (e.g., consent form, questionnaire, survey, etc.) must be submitted electronically to the IRB as attachments from your on-campus email address. Read more about preparing and submitting a Human Subjects Protocol Application

Animal Care and Use Protocol

For conducting research using animal subjects, visit the Animal Care and Use website.