Brent Maher Director of Planning and Academic Assessment
- Ed.D. Higher Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Ed.M. Harvard Graduate School of Education
- M.A. Higher Education and Student Affairs, Taylor University
- B.M. Music (Vocal Performance), Taylor University
Areas of Expertise
- History of Higher Education
- Federal Higher Education Policy and Regulation
- Accreditation, Assessment, and Accountability in Higher Education
- Civic and Moral Development in Higher Education
I lead strategic planning and student learning assessment in Academic Affairs. I also serve as the college’s Accreditation Liaison with our accreditor, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). My scholarly work focuses on the history of the federal government’s involvement with colleges and universities such as student aid policy, federal research funding, and accreditation.
Prior to coming to Davidson, I completed my graduate studies as the Harvard Graduate School of Education where I also worked for the Collaborative on Academic Affairs in Higher Education. I was also an early career scholar in New Civics—a program funded by the Spencer Foundation. I also served as the Director of Assessment and Quality Improvement at my alma mater, Taylor University in Indiana.