Work at Davidson
At Davidson, every employee plays a vital part in establishing a strong community and in supporting the college's primary purpose of cultivating humane instincts and disciplined, creative minds.
Discover Davidson College
Located in Davidson, North Carolina, and established in 1837, Davidson College is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. Davidson takes pride in creating a deep sense of community, which starts with talented, diverse, and thoughtful employees that make Davidson into a second home for our students.
Working at Davidson
Compensation & Professional Growth
- Competitive salary package
- College-paid retirement account (Davidson contributes 8.5% of your salary annually)
- Staff Tuition Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- College contributions to your health savings account (for those enrolled in high deductible health)
- College paid life insurance, short term disability, and long-term disability
- Paid vacation and sick leave, with accruals beginning on the first day of employment
- Additional paid holidays (totaling 11-13 days depending on the calendar year)
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working time
Food, Entertainment & Shopping
- Employee discounts to various local stores and restaurants, and sporting events
- Discounted tickets to college arts events
- Free tickets to lectures and college sporting events on campus
- Discounted meal price at Vail Commons, 20% discount at the College Store
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness program and quarterly fitness courses
- Free access to our lake campus & fitness facilities
- Domestic partner benefits
- Dependent Tuition Assistance
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Davidson
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community.
In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Living In the Area
Whether you love living in a big city, a small town, or something in between, our surrounding cities and towns have something that is just right for everyone.
Nature lovers, rejoice! North Carolina is rich in varying landscapes, including Lake Norman, which houses our very own Lake Campus.
Hiring Managers & Search Committees
Hiring managers or search committee members can access candidate applications through the PageUp applicant tracking system.
Contact Human Resources
We only accept applications for open positions through our online system.
If you have questions about the application process or the online system, please contact Human Resources, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m ET.