As the college search and selection process becomes increasingly more dynamic and demanding, it is more important than ever that we all work together to support students and their families in that process.
This resource page is designed for secondary school counselors and community-based organization advisers to enhance communication between you and the members of our admission and financial aid staff.
In this section you will see topics that address your and your students' needs. We applaud your tireless efforts to support and guide your students. If you have any questions or need additional information please let us know by emailing Gardner Roller Ligo at email@example.com.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Davidson's commitment to access and affordability has never been stronger. Find information for prospective and current students, including applying for aid, scholarships, and more.
The Davidson Trust
The Davidson Trust makes it possible for talented students from all backgrounds to imagine coming to Davidson, and for graduates to plan for their futures based on their interests and passions by making these promises:
- to guarantee that all admission decisions are need-blind.
- to meet 100 percent of demonstrated financial need of ever accepted student
- to meet that need through a combination of grants and campus employment only—no loans are imposed in a Davidson Trust financial aid package.
- March 22-24: Belk Scholars celebration and selection weekend.
- March 23: Admission decisions released.
- March 28: July Experience general application and financial aid application deadline (see below).
- April 5-7: Celebration and Recognition Weekend.
- April 7: Decision Davidson I for students admitted to the Class of 2022.
- April 23: Decision Davidson II for students admitted to the Class of 2022.
July Experience–2018 Session: July 1-21
July Experience is a great way for students to get a head start in their college discovery process. This three-week college immersion program for rising high school juniors and seniors who are highly motivated, collaborative, and self-disciplined draws students from across the country and around the world to take two liberal arts courses taught by full-time Davidson faculty, live in residence halls with other students, and participate in information sessions about the college admission process.
For more information on admission and financial aid, visit the July Experience website.
Please see the important dates for applicants.
Applicant Selection Process
Our application selection process is a holistic one, giving students the chance to be recognized for their individual talents, intellect, and achievements.
Davidson College is dedicated to intellectual and cultural growth in the broadest sense. We welcomed students from 41 states and 23 countries to the Class of 2021.
Plan a Visit
The best way to learn about all that Davidson has to offer is to experience it in person. You can help a student plan an individual visit to include an information session and campus tour. Or you can plan a visit for yourself or for a group.
Connect With Your Regional Counselor
The member of our counseling staff who represents your state or region is always happy to hear from you. To connect with your counselor, view your state on our travel map or visit our travel schedule page to find out when we'll be in your area.