Update: Statement on Accident in Watts Residence Hall
On the afternoon of Thursday, Jan. 22, Davidson physical plant employee Joe Steele was repairing the steam water heater in Watts Residence Hall. He and a colleague made the repair, and upon re-energizing the water heater, the tank released hot water from a pressure relief valve. Steele suffered first and second degree burns from the hot water. Medics responded to the call and Steele was transported by helicopter to Baptist Hospital Burn Center in Winston-Salem.
Steele remains under the care of the medical staff at Baptist Hospital Burn Center and is alert and communicative.
For those who would like to show support for Steele and his family Physical Plant is collecting monetary donations as well as cards and other get well wishes. Please contact Rhonda Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-894-2220 to participate.
Should you have any questions please contact Bill Giduz, college communications, at email@example.com or 704-894-2244 or 704-609-1077 (cell).
- January 26, 2015
- News Headlines