DRI for Historically Black Colleges and Universities
COVID-19 Research Update
Depending on the COVID-19 pandemic, remote research may be the only possible option. Davidson College will have a preliminary update for DRI research travel by late spring 2021. We will notify you as the situation develops. In the meantime, we encourage you to continue to consider the DRI Program as a great summer opportunity!
Annually, Davidson College invites undergraduate students who are rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) to apply for one of five positions in the Davidson Research Initiative (DRI).
You can review the DRI Summer 2021 projects in February 2021. Please continue to check this page frequently for updates.
Interested students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities should indicate their interest to Prof. Nicole Snyder (DRI program director) at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, faculty from HBCU campuses are invited to nominate students for the program.
- Application materials must include:
- Cover letter and cover sheet
- Official institutional transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (along with accompanying recommendation form)
- Cover letter and cover sheet should indicate the projects to which the students is applying in order of preference (if applying for more than one).
- The application deadline will be announced soon.
- HBCU students accepted as DRI Summer Research Fellows will be expected to participate fully in the DRI Summer Research Program, as are all Davidson students, meeting the same requirements and complying with all Davidson policies, including adhering to Davidson's Honor Code.