DRI for Historically Black Colleges and Universities
COVID-19 Research Update
Depending on the COVID-19 pandemic, remote research may be the only possible option. Davidson College will decide whether travel is possible for fall/winter research by October 1, 2020 and spring/summer research by December 18, 2020. We will notify you as the situation develops. In the meantime, we encourage you to complete any application of interest with your research needs in mind (including any travel) and maybe a short note about how your project will change if travel is involved. We will make space on all applications for the latter.
Annually, Davidson College invites undergraduate students who are rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) to apply for one of five positions in the Davidson Research Initiative (DRI).
You can review the DRI Summer 2021 Projects in February 2021
Please continue to check this page frequently for updates.
Interested students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities should indicate their interest to Prof. Nicole Snyder (DRI program director) at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, faculty from HBCU campuses are invited to nominate students for the program.
- Application materials must include:
- Cover letter and cover sheet
- Official institutional transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (along with accompanying recommendation form)
- Cover letter and cover sheet should indicate the projects to which the students is applying in order of preference (if applying for more than one).
- The application deadline will be announced soon.
- HBCU students accepted as DRI Summer Research Fellows will be expected to participate fully in the DRI Summer Research Program, as are all Davidson students, meeting the same requirements and complying with all Davidson policies, including adhering to Davidson's Honor Code.