DRI for Historically Black Colleges and Universities
Summer 2020 Update
While we still plan to release the application for our DRI-HBCU program in anticipation of hosting an on-campus summer research program this summer, we are reassessing on-campus summer programming, and want to let all potential applicants know that there is a possibility we may need to modify or cancel the program as the situation with COVID-19 progresses. Please check this page frequently for updates.
Annually, Davidson College invites undergraduate students who are rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) to apply for one of five positions in the Davidson Research Initiative (DRI).
Please continue to check this page frequently for updates.
Interested students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities should indicate their interest to Prof. Nicole Snyder (DRI program director) at email@example.com. In addition, faculty from HBCU campuses are invited to nominate students for the program.
- Application materials must include:
- Cover letter and cover sheet
- Official institutional transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (along with accompanying recommendation form)
- Cover letter and cover sheet should indicate the projects to which the students is applying in order of preference (if applying for more than one).
- The application deadline will be announced soon.
- HBCU students accepted as DRI Summer Research Fellows will be expected to participate fully in the DRI Summer Research Program, as are all Davidson students, meeting the same requirements and complying with all Davidson policies, including adhering to Davidson's Honor Code.