Shireen Campbell Professor of English | Writing Center Director
- Ph.D. Tulane University
- B.A. Florida Atlantic University
I teach a variety of literature courses, with special interest in genre fictions, fanfiction, young adult fiction, and contemporary women writers, as well as writing courses, including creative nonfiction, memoir, professional writing, and writing with the community. I direct the college Writing Center and have research interests in writing center theory and practice, second language writing, digital writing, and information fluency.
Currently, I am collaborating with my colleague Rebeca Fernandez on a longitudinal project examining the rhetorical and linguistic development of advanced multilingual writers. Recent conference presentations have focused on shifts in syntactic complexity (AAAL 2019) and potential correlations between complexity and cultural relevance of paper topics (SLWS 2018).
- ENG 110 Growing Up America
- ENG 201 Professional Writing
- ENG 220 Literary Analysis
- ENG 231 Young Adult Literature
- ENG 301 Creative Nonfiction
- ENG 375 Fanfiction
- ENG 498 Honors Research
- WRI 101 Fandom
- Seminars on memoir, Virginia Woolf, and multicultural children's literature