Lake Campus Updates For Spring 2021
Lake Campus will open to students beginning Saturday, February 27. Check back here for all facility-related updates (Inclement Weather Closures, Bathroom Openings, Hours Change, etc.).
For more than 40 years, Davidson College's Lake Campus has been a popular recreation and relaxation spot for students, faculty and staff.
Located 7 miles from main campus, Lake Campus's 110 acres of waterfront property on beautiful Lake Norman provides Davidson students with the unique opportunity to be involved in a variety of water activities. The property includes a waterfront beach and swim area, sand volleyball courts, picnic areas, wet and dry boat slips, a boat ramp and open green spaces. The Lake Campus is the home to Davidson's club sailing and crew teams. It also hosts visitors from July Experience, Odyssey campouts, orientation socials, cookouts, alumni gatherings, and more.
Spring 2021 Hours, Guidelines & Access
Staffed and open daily 12 - 5 p.m.
- Lake Campus maximum occupancy is 100 people.
- Remember to wash and sanitize hands.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Use of Lake Campus properties or amenities are considered “use at your own risk.” While there is mitigation guidance, social recommendation, and sanitizing procedure in place, transmission can still occur.
- Only four adults permitted per vehicle. Please respect this rule and wear a mask in the car, since 6 feet of distancing is not possible.
- CatCards or Alumni Passes are required for entry.
Lake Campus is an extension of the main campus and the same rules apply:
- Masks are required at all times, except while in the water if maintaining 6 feet of distance. Masks may also be removed while eating.
- Six feet of distance required at all times.
- Families who arrive together will not be required to social distance within their group, but anyone over the age of 5 must wear a mask.
- Activities such as corn hole, spike ball and bocce will be provided. Masks and social distancing rules apply.
At the time of entry, guests will be given a handout with the updated rules. Each visitor is expected to read the handout and verbally agree to obey the rules. By agreeing to follow the rules, you also are acknowledging that non-compliance will have the following consequences:
- Anyone not following safety protocols will receive a verbal warning; continued noncompliance will be addressed by Campus Police and lake staff. Guest(s) will be escorted by Campus Police and prohibited from using the lake campus indefinitely.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- College ID required
- College community only: students, employees and alumni (with pass)
- No external group reservations or special events
To reach the Lake Campus from Davidson, take Main Street in Davidson (Hwy 115) north approximately 2 1/2 miles to Langtree Road. Take a left on Langtree, over the railroad tracks. Follow Langtree for 2 miles to Lake Campus Drive. Take a right on Lake Campus Drive and follow to the gatehouse entrance. You will need your CatCard to be granted entry. Parking is available. The Lake Campus is located at 152 Lake Campus Drive.
Boat Slip Request
The college offers space for boats to be docked within Lake Campus. Request a boat slip.
Alumni are welcome to make use of Lake Campus facilities by purchasing an annual pass. Whether this is your first alumni pass or your 20th, thank you your continued engagement with Davidson College. Request an alumni pass.