Access Davidson: October 24-25, 2021
Access Davidson is a selective virtual college visit program designed for high school seniors from historically excluded racial and ethnic groups, those who are first in their family to attend college, and students from rural or low-income backgrounds.
The program is open to students living and attending high school in the United States and Puerto Rico. Students who have not been on an official visit to campus will be prioritized for participation.
This year’s virtual program will offer a mix of required and optional programming over the course of two days. Our required virtual sessions will consider student time zones and there will be no expectation to miss any school commitments on Monday, October 25.
As COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines allow, Access Davidson participants who apply and are admitted to Davidson College may be invited to campus for admitted student programming in the Spring of 2022.
Access Davidson will provide prospective students with an opportunity to hear from current students, faculty, and staff about what makes the Davidson community so special. Sessions will include opportunities to:
- Learn about the diversity, equity, and inclusion work happening on campus
- Hear from those leading Davidson’s affinity student organizations
- Join a small mentorship cohort throughout the fall
- Connect with admission and financial aid officers
- Participate in Davidson student activities
- Attend a virtual class
To apply for the program, students must complete the following steps:
- Submit a complete Access Davidson application
- Upload a transcript that includes your final grades from 9th, 10th, and 11th grade years
- Upload a copy of your 2021 – 2022 academic year schedule
We will notify students if additional information is needed.
Priority deadline: Monday, August 30
Final deadline: Monday, September 27
Students who apply by the priority deadline will receive access to special pre-program opportunities.
Decisions will be communicated no later than Monday, October 11.
Please read through our Frequently Asked Questions.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.