We welcome students transferring to Davidson from other colleges or universities for both fall and spring semesters.
Students who will have successfully completed at least one full year of acceptable college course work upon enrolling at Davidson College are eligible to apply for transfer to Davidson. Students must plan to be enrolled at Davidson for at least two academic years (16 courses).
Choose Your Application Type
Transfer students may apply using the Common Application or Coalition Application.
Complete All Parts of the Application
In the Common Application or Coalition Application, you will complete the items below.
The personal statement is a space to share your voice and to help us better understand you as a person. We encourage you to explore a topic that is authentic to you and reveals something that doesn’t already come through elsewhere in the application. Above all, stay true to yourself and your experiences. (250-650 word limit)
- There are just under 4,000 four-year colleges and universities in the United States. Being as specific as possible, what interests you most about Davidson College? (250-300 word limit)
- Davidson encourages students to explore curiosities in and out of the classroom. What is a topic, activity or idea that excites you? Tell us why. Examples may include hobbies, books, interactions, music, podcasts, movies, etc. (250-300 word limit)
Academic Standing Forms
- Final High School Transcript (sent directly from your school)
- College Transcript (sent directly from each college attended)
- Statement of Good Standing (PDF)
Letters of Recommendation
Two Academic Faculty Letters of Recommendation
Davidson requires two recommendations from college faculty. At least one must come from a core academic subject (English, math, science, history/social science, or a second language).
We ask that someone of similar age to the applicant (a friend, a coworker, a teammate, etc.) complete the online peer recommendation. We will link it to your application using the information provided.
International Transfer Applicants
If you have attended college and earned credit toward an undergraduate degree, your application will be considered as a transfer application. International transfer students are eligible for mid-year and fall enrollments. Davidson’s admission process for international students is highly competitive and unfortunately, financial aid and scholarships are not available for international transfer students.
Non-native English speakers are strongly encouraged to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL scores must be sent directly to Davidson by the testing agency.